TOTAL POUNDS LOST (Season 5): 34.9

Monday, August 17, 2009

Body Buggin'

Do you know what a Body Bugg is? Well, if not I'll tell you it's AMAZING! You know those funny looking bands the contestants wear on the Biggest Loser around their arm? Some may think it's an IPod, but infact it's a Body Bugg. They calculate how active you are in a day. How many calories you are burning doing any given activity as well as the steps you're taking and how much sleep you are getting each night. You can even add in the foods you are eating and it will tell you if yo're over or under the amount of calories you are needing to burn to reach your goal weight. I love my Bugg! It's really helping me achieve my weight loss goals and when the time comes maintaining my weight. My goal is 10,ooo a day and to burn 2800 calories a day. I know it sounds like alot, but we are all really burning calories we didn't think to count before. Like cleaning the kitchen, folding the laundry, hussling around getting kids off to school. I used to only count the cals I burned on my treadmill totally not acknowledging all the other active things I was doing in a day. So today I burned 510 calories walking for 50 minutes. But I also cleaned my kitchen, went to the store, brought groceries in, folded towels, climbed up and down my stairs several times...You get the idea. We are all burning a lot more than we think, so if you don't have the time to exercise as much as you want doing normal household activities and running around you're burning that butter, as Denise Austin says. I'll let you know at the end of the day what my total steps and cals burned were. The Body Bugg is super cool!

5 comments:

WHITE said...

I have been really interested in those, I am a big fan of biggest loser and have wanted to check out the body bug forever!!! Where did you get yours?
Thanks for letting us know more about them!

Donna said...

And what do they cost?

Carrie said...

that is so cool. i have said before that doesn't house cleaning count, because i get to sweating every time! i know i need to actually exercise as well. but i've always known my stairs are a workout. looking forward to hearing your day's results!

Kasey said...

They are kindof pricey, but you can find them on Amazon for cheaper or check out EBay. My was $140 on Amazon. It was worth every penny!

House cleaning totally counts!

Ok, yesterday 2300 cals were burned. I walked briskley on the treamill for 50 minutes, vacummed downstairs, folded towels, Walmart run, cleaned out my car, strapped 4 carseats in, toted a baby around. All the little crazy things totally add up for sure! I have yet to hit my goal of 2800, but I'm working towards it. I hurt my back a few weeks ago and have seeing the Chiro. 3 days a week. I'm starting to feel better, but I'm still not at my full workout potential. I'm hoping soon! I will hit that 2800!

Kasey said...

Oh yeah, I also hit over 11,000 steps. That's a lot of walking!