TOTAL POUNDS LOST (Season 5): 34.9

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Okay...... I'm "in"


I actually found a chart I started exactly a year ago... it showed how much I lost every day for about 2 weeks and I now weigh 10 lbs more than I did when I STARTED to lose weight that time... so yeah, that is one reason I just have to do this.  And I could possibly have a wedding this year and I refuse to be the "fat" mother standing in the line.  Vain, I know.  So, I dusted off my old VHS tape (I know, a relic) of Tae-Bo with Billy Blanks... I have the routine pretty much in my head, but have to watch it to so I don't have to do any thinking... so I just blur my eyes because he and the girls that exercise with him are pretty gross to look at.. blaaaah!  I will be sore tomorrow, but it will be worth it.  On my weight chart I also include the measurement of my waist and my thighs so I can watch the inches fade as well.  Because muscle weighs more than fat and when I excercise and build more muscle I want to see something change on my chart.  There are probably better exercise tapes out there that are newer, but I hate to have to learn something new all over again.  I feel really good when I get to the point of being able to do the whole 30 minute workout without stopping and panting.  I like to go walking in the neighborhood in the mornings for a break, but I feel like tae-bo gives me a much better, all-over excercise... and I refuse to run... running breaks down knees and both my sister and mom have bad knees.  I am protecting mine.  So whatever you girls do.... keep it up and good luck!  Woooo Hooooo!


2 comments:

Martin Ricks Family said...

so who is this post???

Carrie said...

at the bottom it says posted by mom, so that would be MY mom.

good job mom, with the tae-bo. i actually just thought about the measurement thing yesterday. how sometimes the weight doesn't mean as much as how you look. i might have to go measure myself.