TOTAL POUNDS LOST (Season 5): 34.9

Sunday, September 13, 2009

A little insight

This little contest has been so aspiring to me! The last week I have had many people tell me how good I look. I don't know if I'd go that far to say that about myself. I'm still getting used to this me. But, I'm not gonna lie. It's a little embarrassing. But you know what? I worked hard. I ran, I sweat, gave up foods I really enjoy, ran and sweat some more. I have found in the last few years that when I get to my goal weight I don't keep it up. I always keep exercising, but then I start eating the foods that put me in my fat jeans to begin with. I'm pretty close to my goal weight now and this time I'm going to keep it up. It's going to feel good to buy a pair of skinny jeans to wear with the new shirt I decided to buy myself this past week. Who's with me?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

i love it! we've been trying to find a way to transfer people into a "maintenance" group to keep up the motivation and maintain our goal weight. that was what started the "great in eight" idea was finding a way to make a contest out of being healthy and maintaining... but i wonder if there's another way. at least we can keep the blog open as a forum to keep us on track. good luck reaching your goal and KEEPING it there!! i love your positive attitude!