TOTAL POUNDS LOST (Season 5): 34.9

Thursday, September 10, 2009

healthy recipe

OK, so normally I hate salmon, unless it's raw and rolled up into a sushi roll (super yum!), so I thought I would hate this recipe. Turns out, I like canned salmon too. Go figure.


Salmon-Salad Half Sandwich

What you need
3 oz. canned wild salmon
1 tsp. light mayonnaise
2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
1 slice whole-wheat bread
arugula
red onion

What to do
Mix salmon and mayonnaise together; add lemon juice, bell peppers and chopped celery. Place salmon mixture on bread for an open-faced sandwich; top with arugula and red onion.
Makes one serving.

Nutritional info: 260 calories, 9.5 grams fat, 7 grams fiber, 21 grams protein, 23 grams carbohydrates

2 comments:

WHITE said...

Yummy I love fish and I always like new recipes! Thank, I am going to try it this week!

Ali said...

that sounds pretty good. I am not a huge fish fan, but Salmon is not too bad. I am always looking for ways to add fish to my diet so thanks for the recipe!:)