TOTAL POUNDS LOST (Season 5): 34.9

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Goals

Hi everyone! Before I get started, just a reminder- don't forget to weigh in today! You have until tomorrow night.

Ok, I wanted to get this conversation started at the beginning of this round, but things are crazy...as usual. I want to put my goals out there for you all because I'm not being very good at sticking with them. I'm hoping by telling you all what I'm doing that I will do it.

-I want to center my goals more on what I want to do to live more healthy as opposed to how much weight to lose, but since I'm a numbers person... I want to lost 10 lbs this round. I think I've lost about 2.5, so I'm 1/4 there!

-I will not drink soda, except for special occasions. I better clarify...Valentine's Day **maybe!**, anniversary, ...I think that's it for the next 2 months.

-I will not buy any candy.

-I will exercise at least 3 times per week.

-I will not eat fast food. This one should be easy because we're not spending money on that right now. I just have to be careful about letting my mom treat me to lunch. (Okay Mom? Did you hear that? Don't tempt me! You've been really good lately though, with the leftovers.) :)

So there you go. Maybe I'll report in once in a while and feel obligated to tell you how I'm doing. You guys have sure been quiet this round. What are some of your goals? Strategies? Workout methods?

Carrie

2 comments:

Evan and Lindy said...

I have a long-term goal to get back to the weight I was when I met my husband 8 years ago (whoa! I can't believe it's been that long). I am not as brave as you others who have shared the nitty-gritty details, but let's just say I have a long "journey" ahead of me. All of my baby weight plus some came off so fast and easy, but now I am just stuck. I know I need to step up the exercise and I have been a little lax on my diet recently. My goal is to lose 15 pounds this round, and I am not off to a very good start. Evan and I totally forgot to weigh in last week (2 days of horrible Dr's appointments and everything else goes out the window). Anybody have any suggestions of how to break thru this plateau and kick-start my weight loss again? I am well aware of my torrid love affair with dark chocolate, so Valentine's Day is killing me!

Carrie said...

I've been thinking about your dilemma and the only thing I know of is to change your workout. Not necessarily way harder, but just different. Like, if you've been walking, you can vary your walk, like alternating sprint walking and moderate. Or if you've been doing a DVD, do a different one, etc. Your body will get used to one thing and not respond anymore. Maybe someone else has some better advice. Good luck!